Following a relaxation on draught beer destruction rules, many brewers have been working on a scheme to replace and refund unused stock. We continue to work closely with suppliers to understand the steps customers need to take to process returns.
To arrange keg returns, you'll be asked to submit information to the brewers regarding the stock you hold. Advice on how to do this, and details of which brewers produce which beer, can be found by selecting a brand in the 'beer finder' below. Once the details you've provided are verified, you will be given further information on how to dispose of the liquid safely. We will then contact you to arrange the collection of empty kegs and where applicable, apply a credit to your account.
How it works
- Use the brewer finder below to identify the producer of your kegs.
- Click on the link provided for a relevant brewer.
- Register with your outlet details and input the required information.
- You should not destroy stock until instructed to do so.
- You will be given permission to destroy stock, and advised on how to do this safely and responsibly.
- You should keep proof of destruction as required by HMRC.
- Bibendum will arrange for Tradeteam to collect empty kegs once notified by the brewer. Initially empty kegs will be collected on a one for one basis when delivering fresh stock. We will endeavour to collect all empty kegs as soon as possible.
- Where applicable, a credit will be processed on your account.
Receiving your credit
This is a brewer driven initiative. The approval and issuing of credit is the responsibility of the brewer. As your route to market, Bibendum is simply administering this process on behalf of the brewers. Please be advised that not all brewers will be able to offer credit under this scheme.
We're working with brewers to bring you more news on this scheme. Check back soon for updates to this page with the latest information.