Quinta do Vallado Douro Tinto 2010

Product code: 12VALL1B2010

Rich, damson flavours but very clean lines and great structure.

  • Country:Portugal
  • Region:Douro
  • Vintage:2010
  • ABV:13.5%
  • Colour:Red
  • Product Type:Still
  • Bottle Size:75 cl
  • Grape Variety:Port Blend, Touriga Nacional, Touriga Franca, Tinta Amarela
  • Closure:Natural Cork

How to sell this product

Taste scale & description

Taste Test is our exclusive wine & customer profiling system. Wines are scored according to their power and intensity. The score runs from 0 (luscious, sweet wines) up to 12 (full-bodied, intense dry reds).

Taste Scale: 10

You enjoy big, bold wines that really pack a punch. For many of you this means the bigger the better.

How to say it

Kintah do Valardoh Dooro Tintoh

Product guide note

Quinta do Vallado is a small but perfectly formed producer in Portugal. This wine is a blend of a number of different Portuguese grape varieties which are usually used to make port. It has flavours of rich, spicy bramble fruit.

Production information

Producer: Quinta do Vallado

This eighteenth-century Douro wine estate is actually one of the most modern-looking in Portugal. Although the team uses the traditional panoply of indigenous grapes, its methods are bang up to date and the results are nothing short of sensational.

Read more

Production note

A small part of the grapes from the old vineyards were foot trodden and fermented in lagares for the same period. All wines were fermented under controlled temperature varying between 26-28°C. 85% of the wine is aged for 17 months in stainless steel tanks. The remaining 15% is aged in French oak barrels for 12 months.

Bibendum Wine Limited © 2016 | Company Registration No. 02218928 | 113 Regents Park Road London NW1 8UR | Call Us: 0845 263 6924

Drink Aware - know the facts