Steeped in centuries of history, Chateau d’Arche was established in 1580 by Henry d’Arche, dean of the city of Bordeaux. At the time, his wines were already some of the most famous Sauternes. During the 1789 Revolution, the chateau was taken over by the state and it was another two centuries before the estate was reunified. Nowadays, the chateau covers 40 ha with winemaker Jerome Cosson producing Grand Cru Classé Sauternes.
Overlooking the village of Sauternes and offering a magnificent panorama, Chateau d’Arche is built on the summit of hills which overlook its prestigious neighbors, notably Yquem and Guiraud. It is in an exceptional location, benefitting from maximum sunshine and varied soils which allows for the development of wines with very specific taste qualities.