Brunello di Montalcino Riserva Poggio alle Mura 2009

Product code: 10BANF30B2009

Surprising combination of intense flavours and gentle tannins, giving a very smooth texture. There are aromas and flavours of plum, cherry, blackberry and raspberry jam, combined with hints of chocolate, cigar box, vanilla and liquorice.

  • Country:Italy
  • Region:Tuscany
  • Vintage:2009
  • ABV:14.5%
  • Residual sugar:2.0 g/L
  • Colour:Red
  • Product Type:Still
  • Bottle Size:75 cl
  • Grape Variety:Sangiovese
  • Closure:Natural Cork

How to sell this product

Taste scale & description

Taste Test is our exclusive wine & customer profiling system. Wines are scored according to their power and intensity. The score runs from 0 (luscious, sweet wines) up to 12 (full-bodied, intense dry reds).

Taste Scale: 11

You enjoy big, bold wines that really pack a punch. For many of you this means the bigger the better.

Food match

Steaks, Game, Hard cheese

Production information

Producer: Castello Banfi

Castello Banfi is a household name as far as Brunello di Montalcino is concerned. Although family owned, it is the largest contiguous estate in Europe, combining a sense of tradition with a modern and commercial perspective and has helped bring Montalcino to the world’s attention in less than 20 years.

Read more

Production note

The grape harvest is followed by a maceration of 12-14 days. Temperature-controlled alcoholic fermentation (27-29°C) takes place in the hybrid stainless steel and wood tanks. 90% of the wine is aged for 2 years in French oak barriques and the remaining 10% in large oak casks. The wine is aged 6 years in bottle before release.

Bibendum Wine Limited © 2016 | Company Registration No. 02218928 | 113 Regents Park Road London NW1 8UR | Call Us: 0845 263 6924

Drink Aware - know the facts