Customer Service & Delivery FAQs
What changes are there during the Christmas period?
- Please remember to place your order by your postcode specific Pre Christmas/New Year Order Cut Off. If you have not received this information please speak to your account handler
- We are open for orders 8:30 – 18:00 Monday to Friday. We are also open Saturdays 9:00 – 17:00 until the 7th January
- We are open to receive orders Tuesday 27th December 9:00 – 17:00
- Please help us by ordering as early as possible especially for events with pre-booked function wines (a minimum of 48 hours in advance)
- The general traffic situation will also be a factor in when we can get to you so please bear with us
- We are unable to arrange collections between 28th November and 3rd January 2017
My driver is providing me with paperless delivery. What is this?
- The delivery driver will have a SmartPOD hand-held device, which shows him and your colleagues, what products and quantities they have have ordered
- You can check off each delivery line by line from this information.
- On the rare occasion when something is incorrect, it can be adjusted on the SmartPOD, so we both have an accurate record of the delivery that has been accepted.
- Sign on the SmartPOD to confirm agreement.
- Your team at the site will then receive an electronic copy of the delivery note, including their signature of agreement, almost instantly.
I have a corked bottle of wine.
Please contact a member of the Customer Care Team on 0845 263 6924.
I haven't received all of my delivery.
Contact the Customer Care Team immediately on 0845 263 6924 and notify them what items have not arrived. You will need to supply them with the following information: account number; product description; quantity; date.
I have been delivered a product in error.
If you have received an item in error then please contact the Customer Care Team immediately on 0845 263 6924 with the following information: account number; product description; quantity; order number (this can be found on the right hand side of your delivery note).
Do I have to sign for my delivery?
Yes. All deliveries are to be checked and signed for by a member of staff. Any discrepancy needs to be marked on the delivery note. If the POD is not marked or signed for unchecked then we are unable to issue you with a credit.
What are the delivery options?
Bibendum outsources its deliveries to our logistics partner, Tradeteam. The following delivery window options are available. Please speak to your Sales Operations Executive on 0845 263 6924 if you need to discuss these further, or would like to add them permanently to your account. National postcodes: 3 hour window between 7am and 5pm; Home Counties: AM (8am - 12pm) or PM (12pm - 5pm) only can be specified; London: 3 hour window between 8am - 5pm.
We apply delivery charges dependent on the value of your order and your business address. To discuss these charges, please speak to your Account Manager.
What is your returns policy?
Returns are only permitted if either -
a) the products were delivered to you incorrectly (these should be reported to us within 5 working days of delivery)
b) advanced consent has been granted by your account manager. Authorised returns must be arranged in advance to allow sufficient time for collection documentation to be raised. Our carriers to do not have indemnity to transport stock without formal documentation.
Please note the following:
- Returned wines must be the same vintage as currently stocked in our warehouse.
- Returned stock must be presented in full and transportable cases.
- Bottles must be returned in a saleable condition with seals and neck capsules intact (just as you would like to receive them).
- Bottle labels must not be stained or damaged.
- Charges may apply, please contact your sales support/ account manager if you wish to discuss this further.
I would like to cancel my order, is this possible?
Yes, but is dependent on the status or your order. Please contact the Customer Care Team on 0845 263 6924 for more details.
I think I may have been over charged.
If you think you have been over charged please contact your Sales Operations Executive on 0845 263 6924 who will investigate and where necessary a credit will be issued. Please make sure you have the following information available: invoice number and product description.
I have not received a credit for returned items.
Our logistics partner will notify us of anything returned from a delivery providing the information has been marked on the delivery note. If you have marked the delivery note then please contact the Customer Care Team on 0845 263 6924 with the following information and they will investigate for you: account number; product description; quantity; order number (this can be found on the right hand side of your delivery note).
I missed my delivery.
If you are not in for your delivery our delivery company will leave a card. Please contact Bibendum Customer Care Team on 0845 263 6924 to rearrange a more suitable delivery time. Please make sure you have the following information available: account number, order date, new delivery day and time. Please be aware there may be additional charges incurred.
Can I split cases of wine?
Please contact your account manager or Sales Operations Executive on 0845 263 6924 to discuss your requirements or if you would like further information.
Where do you store the wine?
We store our wine with Tradeteam who take care of all our deliveries. The address is Excel Europe Limited, DHL Supply Chain, Gillette Way, Reading, Berkshire, RG2 0BS.
Can I arrange a collection from the warehouse?
Yes. Collection is available from our Reading warehouse the day after you place your order. Please contact the Customer Care Team on 0845 263 6924 for further information.
Can I get a copy of a delivery note or invoice?
Yes. Please contact your Sales Operations Executive on 0845 263 6924 and please note that this may take up to five working days.
Where is my delivery?
Our delivery service, Tradeteam, will call 30 minutes before they deliver the wine to you. If this falls outside of our required delivery window please call the Customer Care Team on 0845 263 6924.
Does our minimum order only include wine?
No, your full order counts towards your minimum order whether it is wine, champagne, spirits or beer.
Can we order single bottles of spirits?
Availability of single bottles will be agreed with your account manager. Spirits are generally available by the bottle but there may be a surcharge.